The next Arcanox update is almost ready to be released, but experience the World Cup needs some more testing. Everyone is invited to join the open beta test!
A new beta version is available: http://juhugames.de/upload/arcanox_v681_B1.apk
It includes 29 improvements/bug fixes based on your feedback. Unfortunately I’ve not enough time to write a changelog right now.
Thanks a lot to everyone who provides constructive feedback!
The beta is over. Please send me your feedback (email@example.com) or post it in the forum. Thanks you!
Thanks to BomBEERMan for translating this post to Russian.
How can I join the open beta?
The World Cup on the beta server has begun and no additional testers are required.
Thanks for your interest!
Download the beta-client: http://juhugames.de/upload/arcanox_v681_B1.apk
DO NOT uninstall the live-version of the game.
DO NOT uninstall previous versions of the beta app.
Before you can install the APK file, you must first allow your phone to install apps from “Unknown Sources“. To do this, navigate to Menu -> Settings -> Applications and check the box named “Unknown Sources“.
The beta app is called “Arcanox Beta”. Start it.
Send me an email using “…” (button in the top left corner) -> “Help” -> “Provide feedback” in the game, when you want to play with your existing account on the beta server. Add the name of your account and guild to the email.
Redeem the gift code “v680” to receive 2.000 rubies on the beta-server.
Notes on the beta
- For testing purposes the World Cup stages on the beta server are shorter than they will be on the live server:
- Registration stage: 48 hours
- Preparation stage: 12 hours
- Group stage: 24 hours
- Knockout match: 12 hours
- You can install the live and beta version on the same device at the same time.
- Unfortunately loading your existing account via Google+ doesn’t work, because it is a new app.
- The beta version only works properly in English and German.
- Actions on the beta-server do not affect the live-server.
- The beta-server is reset, when the beta test ends.
- There are no push-notifications.
- Buying rubies is disabled.
Please report bugs and provide feedback in the beta-forum.
The beta test ends on June 20, 2016.
I’m looking forward to read your feedback!
Thank you and have fun! 🙂
Patch Notes Version 680
This is a preliminary list of changes for the update 680.
It is likely that details will change until release.
NEW: World Cup
The World Cup is a competition contested by teams of up to 5 players. Only members of the same guild can create a team. The number of teams per guild is not limited. Recruits and players without a guild cannot participate. The first World Cup will begin on July 4th, 2016.
The World Cup is divided into 4 stages:
- Registration stage: During this stage players can either join an existing team or create a new one.
- Preparation stage: At the beginning of the preparation stage 3 dungeons are randomly generated for each team. The highest level rooms of the members are used for the generation of these dungeons. Every team member can attack the 3 dungeons. The dungeon with the lowest score (strongest defense) will be used for the rest of the world cup against the other teams.
- Group stage: After the preparation stage each team is randomly assigned to a group. For each group the dungeons of three randomly selected teams of the group are used as targets. All teams try to achieve the highest possible score in these 3 dungeons. Only the highest score per team per dungeon counts. The top two teams from each group advance to the knockout stage.
- Knockout stage: The knockout stage is a single-elimination tournament in which two teams play each other. In the first knockout round the winner of each group plays against the runner-up of another group. After this the winners of each knockout round play each other in another round until there is only one team left. During the finals the losers of the semi-finals also play for the third-place. In all knockout matches the teams try to achieve the highest possible score in the dungeon of their opponents. Only the highest score per team counts.
Teams can win an award, a special looking witch card, 21 days premium time and up to 3.000 Mana.
NEW: More Training
- 12 new training stages have been added.
- 10 of these new training stages are targeted towards new players and will be therefor no challenge for experienced players.
- All 27 training stages are now displayed on the world map.
Besides the award for the World Cup there are also the following awards:
- Guild Tournament: All members of the top 3 guild receive the award at the end of the season.
- Dungeon Score: The top 3 players with the highest monthly dungeon score receive this award at the end of the season.
- Trophies: The top 3 players with the most trophies receive this award at the end of the season.
- Experience: The top 3 players with the most XP receive this award at the end of the season.
- Stolen Gold: The top 3 players with the most stolen gold receive this award at the end of the season.
NEW: Banish Guild Members
- Leaders and Generals can now permanently ban members from their guild.
- Leaders and Generals can revoke a ban by inviting the player.
NEW: Guild Chat Welcome Message
Leaders and Generals can now set a welcome message for the guild chat.
This welcome message is displayed to new Recruits, when they join the guild.
Type “/help” in the guild chat to view a list of all chat commands.
NEW: Ruby Gifts
- It is now possible to give away bought Rubies to guild members.
- A personal message can be added to the gift
- The gift is displayed in the inbox of the presentee and he receives a push-notification.
- The feature is only available for accounts with level 30 or higher, who have bought Rubies 30 days ago or earlier.
- Players who try to abuse the gifts or in-app-purchases or behave untrustworthy might lose access to this feature.
IMPROVED: Global Chat
- There is now a separate chat channel for each game language.
- Switching the chat channel doesn’t require switching the game language anymore. Instead the chat channel can be chosen separately.
- The history of the global chat has been extended from 3 to 8 messages.
- The list of bad words has been extended for all available languages.
- FIXED After a reconnect the chat history wasn’t displayed sometimes.
- Boosts from the dungeons and the costs to extend the boosts have been rebalanced with the following goals in mind:
- It should be easier for weaker guilds to maintain low level boosts.
- It should be harder for powerful guilds to maintain all max level boosts.
- The duration of boosts is limited to 20 days now. Guilds with boosts that exceeded the 20 days received a refund.
NEW: Converting Guild Coins To Dungeon Points
- Leaders and Generals can now convert 15.000 guilds coins to 3.000 dungeon points for their current dungeon.
- A guild can only do this up to 3 times per month.
- The converted dungeon points do not influence the guild score.
NEW: Italian Translation
Arcanox is now also available in Italian.
To improve the user experience during the first few days of playing goals have been added for new accounts. The goals try to teach new players how to play the game, after they have finished the tutorials. After the completion of all goals the achievements become visible.
Some of the existing achievements have been adjusted or replaced by goals.
Combat Related Changes
- Slightly increased the healing range of priests.
- Priests can have the range enchantment now, which increases both their attack and healing range.
- FIXED Projectiles of defending priests flew too short.
- FIXED Priests could get stuck after falling through trap doors.
- FIXED Warriors with the revenge enchantment healed only 20% of their current hit points instead of 20% of their maximum hit points.
- Several interface improvements.
- Reduced costs to upgrade cards between level 1 and 4.
- From now on the statistics of previous dungeons can be viewed.
- Increased the maximum number of inbox messages from 20 to 30.
- Inbox messages are not deleted automatically after 30 days anymore.
- The account information is stored now encrypted on the SD-card of the device. This makes it easier to participate in beta tests with the regular account and also prevents the loss of game progress, even when the game account is not connected to Google+.
- FIXED Some errors in the Russian and French translation.
- FIXED It was possible to carry over the result on a dungeon stage to the next dungeon.
Thank you and have fun! 🙂